- Eden Central School District
- Home Page
Return to School Guidance
August 24, 2021
Dear Eden Families and Staff:
We are very excited to welcome our students and staff back for the 2021-2022 school year! Thank you for your patience as we have worked towards developing return to school protocols. Our priority has been and will continue to be, the safe return of students to five days a week in-person instruction.
Yesterday, the Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) published new guidance and requirements for all Erie County school districts. A summary of the latest ECDOH guidance can be found HERE. The guidance is very similar to how we operated at the end of last school year.
Brief highlights are listed below:
- School Schedule
- All students will return to school five days per week.
- Classrooms: our classrooms will return to normal occupancy with students spaced three feet apart or to the extent possible.
- Lunchroom capacity will return to near normal occupancy with students spaced 3 feet apart to the extent possible.
- All students and staff will be required to properly wear face coverings in all school district buildings (2 masks will be provided to students/staff at the start of the school year)
- Masks are recommended but not required for outdoor activities. Mask requirements for interscholastic athletics will be shared by coaches and the District athletic director.
- Mask breaks will be permitted throughout the school day.
- Visitors are expected to properly wear a mask when attending in-door events.
- Busses will run at full capacity
- Masks are required on all District busses
- Staff Members/Parents/Guardians will be required to complete the Daily COVID Questionnaire
- All persons entering school buildings will be temperature screened
- On-Campus Testing
- We have partnered with ECDOH to provide on-campus testing for both staff and students who are not vaccinated.
- Testing will be voluntary
- Our highly successful cleaning protocols will continue.
- High-touch areas will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned daily.
Principals will share information specific to their buildings in forthcoming communications.
Again, thank you for your patience and support during these trying times. I am quite excited to welcome our students and staff back for a more traditional approach to the school year!
Jeffrey A. Sortisio