- Eden Central School District
- Home Page
NYS Travel Guidance
February 5, 2021
Dear Eden Families:
As we approach the mid-winter and spring recesses, many of our families may be planning to travel. We want to provide you with important information related to out-of-state travel guidelines as per the New York State Department of Health.
Please review the NYS COVID-19 Travel Advisory website for additional information: https://coronavirus.health.ny.
A few important points to emphasize:
· If you travel outside of New York for more than 24 hours, you will be required to quarantine for at least three days, and for up to 10 days.
· Individuals who intend to “test out” of the 10-day quarantine are required to obtain a test prior to returning to New York. Individuals must make their own arrangements for such testing.
· Specific details for travel and quarantine appear in the chart below:
If you travel outside of New York State for more than 24 hours:
If you travel outside of NYS for less than 24 hours:
• Obtain a COVID test within 3 days of departure, prior to arrival in New York
• Upon arrival in New York, quarantine for 3 days
• On day 4 of quarantine, obtain another COVID test
• If both tests come back negative, the individual may exit quarantine upon receipt of the second negative test
• Fill out the Traveler Health Form upon entry into New York
• Take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after arrival in New York
Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Vermont), are exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must still fill out the Traveler Health Form
Students who travel out of state are expected to follow the NYS guidelines outlined in this correspondence. Please contact your child’s building principal if you have questions.
Thank you for your continued partnership in keeping our district safe!