Nominating Petitions for Board of Education Seats will be available February 1st, 2022 in the District Office, Eden Elementary School, 8289 North Main Street, Eden, NY 14057 - Room 119. Pick up a petition between 7:15 am - 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm. Petitions must have a minimum of 25 signatures of Eden School District residents and be notarized and returned to the District Office, Eden Elementary School, 8289 N. Main Street, Eden, NY no later than 5 pm on Monday, April 18th. The District Clerk is a Notary. Enter by ringing the bell at the District Office entryway.
The vote date is Tuesday, May 17th, 2021 from 9 am - 9 pm in the Middle & High School Auditorium Foyer.
Proof of residency is required for voting!!–Eden District Goals–as adopted by the board of education
2019-2020 DISTRICT GOALS
- Increase academic rigor and raise expectations for all students.
- Develop a focus on STEAM, with an emphasis on Makerspaces in each building.
- Embed social/emotional wellness capabilities in staff and students.
- Implement 21st century learning strategies (creativity, communication, collaboration and problem solving) in classrooms and extracurricular activities.
- Continue to grow and develop Eden Middle School with a focus on young adolescent learning.
- Utilize Personalized Learning PK-12 so that each student reaches his or her full potential.
- Implement a full spectrum of Skills for Success PK-12 so that students are college and career ready (digital literacy, written communication and executive functioning).
- Provide a focus and commitment PK-12 to 1:1 instructional technology and support for programs PK-12.
- Focus on professional development for applications implemented in both instructional and non-instructional areas.
- Implement the District Communication Plan to enhance our engagement with current stakeholders, promote our successes and attract future Eden CSD families.
- Foster a community service mindset in students PK-12.
- Maintain and support a graduation component that requires high school students to engage in a minimum of 20 hours of community service.
- Implement long-term financial goals that ensure the fiscal stability of the district and enable quality and accurate financial planning through careful use of reserves.
- Implement the Facility Maintenance Plan, which includes general maintenance projects, annual capital outlay projects, and future capital improvement projects based upon Building Condition Surveys.
- Develop a replacement plan for district equipment, furniture and technology.