These links are provided for your information and convenience. By clicking on a link you will be leaving the Eden Central School District website. Please be aware that, while we make every effort to evaluate all the sites to which we link, we cannot endorse nor be responsible for the content provided on those sites.
This page is updated every Monday!
Week of April 6th, 2020- fun learning ideas:
Science:- Float/Sink- putting different objects into a bucket of water
Guess/Predict: Before putting an object into the water, guess what it will do, float or sink:) Have fun!
Math: Count how many objects float and how many sink? Which is more/less?
ELA: Look at the objects you use for the Float/Sink experiment. What letter does the name of the object start with?
Using plastic Easter eggs, put letters/objects in them and put the eggs in the water. Start with the floating ones, with your eyes closed, open one egg and feel the letter/object and guess what it is. And then do the ones that sunk. Have fun!!
Sensory: Water color changing experiment- put water in several different cups. Add different colored food coloring to each cup.Now with an empty cup, pour a little of 2 different colors into that empty cup to see what color it makes. Guess/Predict: Before putting the new colors into the cup, guess what the color of the water will change to (example: red and blue, yellow and blue).
Social/Emotional: Try these “Water” ideas with a brother/sister and/or Mom/Dad/babysitter:) Please remember our class rules (treat others with kindness, keep hands/feet to yourselves, be a good listener).
Writing: Using the colored water from the sensory experiment, write your first/last name with either a paintbrush or q-tip! Write it on a coffee filter or on the sidewalk/driveway outside!
-Feel free to look at the "At Home Photos" section of my website to see what our classmates have been up to!
-Keep practicing your fine motor skills- cutting, gluing, and coloring :)
-Keep working on the other resources posted on this website (spring activities, daily schedule/songs)
- Have fun, enjoy the sunshine, and have a nice Easter!
Week of March 30th, 2020 - fun learning ideas:
Flashlights: ( daytime &/or nighttime)
- go around the house and find numbers 0-5(or higher) in order
- place number cards around the house (use painter tape to put on walls, etc…)
- find different shapes (square, rectangle, circle, triangle, …)
- practice IXL on a tablet/phone/computer (message me if you need your IXL login information)
- go on a “letter hunt” around your house - use books, signs, even food packages, and look for letters in your daily life. Discuss what those letters sound like.
- rhyming activity: say a word and your parent/guardian/sibling/babysitter has to say a rhyming word back - keep going until you’re all out of rhyming words and then start over!
- watch the sunset (or the rain/sunshine!), draw a picture, discuss what you saw
- look for signs of spring outside … What is different about your environment now that it is spring? Draw what you see!
Social/Emotional: Shadow Puppet Theater (click the link)
Sensory Bin (click the link for ideas)
Writing: First and last name- Besides writing utensils try:
- pudding on a plate/ shaving cream
- play doh
- outside in the mud with a stick
- individual letter on a post-it note / piece of paper
(example from one of Mrs. Cuddihy's students!)
Most importantly: don't forget to smile and have fun!!