EDEN ATHLETICS SPRING SEASON PROTOCOLS
Baseball, Lacrosse, Softball, Tennis, Track, Wrestling
- Eden students/parents must complete the Covid-19 Parents/Guardian Daily Questionnaire If this questionnaire is not completed the student-athlete may not participate in athletics for the day. This form must be done every school day, both for students learning in school and remote learners in order to participate in athletics. If you answer YES to any of the questions you are not allowed to participate in sports that day and must contact the school nurse at 716-992-3615 or email the nurse at email@example.com.
- Upon arrival, coaches will temperature check each student-athlete. Any athlete or coach that has a temperature of 100.0 F or higher will not be allowed to practice or play for the day. They will be required to go home immediately and contact the school nurse.
- If at any point you tested positive for COVID-19 you must get cleared by your medical doctor to return to play.
- If a student chooses to stay in school after the 2:10 dismissal while they wait for their practice to begin, they must report to the cafeteria, sign in and stay there until their coach picks them up. This is the ONLY socially distanced and supervised location available. Students will not be allowed to wait outside for their coach. Once their practices begin, students are to be with their team(s) (and under their coach’s supervision) and the HS building will be off-limits. If their practice starts later than 3:30, students will have to go home and then return to school for practice.
- Once a student leaves the building they will not be allowed back in.
- DOORS MAY NOT BE PROPPED OPEN AT ANY TIME!
- Athletes can not arrive any more than 10 minutes prior to practice and must immediately leave the premise following practice. There is to be no hanging out.
- Athletes will not gain access to the building at GLP or EE unless you are with your coach.
- Locker rooms will only be available for students who are in person the day of practice. Coaches will supervise student athletes to make sure social distancing and guidelines are followed.
- Athletes must come properly equipped when they are learning remote for the day.
- There will be a shuttle bus to the GLP or EE for our students who have practice there. The bus will arrive between 3:15 and 3:30 in front of the Auditorium entrance.
- Transportation will be provided to and from away events. Students cannot drive themselves
- Athletes and coaches must wear a mask the entire time on the bus.
- One person per seat unless they are family members.
- If you do not need to take the bus back from an away match please notify your coach in advance. You will need signed permission prior to the contest to go home with a parent.
- Parents must wait in their cars when picking up their student-athletes.
- * It is imperative that parents pick up students on time. In the event that a student’s ride is late, it is the responsibility of the coach to supervise that student until the parent arrives.
- Athletes must wear a mask at all times when 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained. If students find it intolerable they may remove the mask only during active, physical participation in a game or practice. Once they come off the field, or when the play stops, masks must be worn for all other times (this includes sitting on the bench, warm-ups, stretching, etc.). This is the message that will be shared with coaches and athletes.
- Coaches MUST wear a mask at all times when 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Athletes/Coaches must bring their own water bottles. No sharing. Athletes/Coaches with player bags will be asked to keep them socially distant from others.
- Hand Sanitizer must be readily available and used prior to practice by everyone.
- Teams should not be intermingling or sharing the same space.
- Cleaning supplies will be available and used prior to, during, and after practice.
- Coaches are responsible for spraying equipment.
- Eden will follow Section VI guidance and allow 2 spectators per Home and Away athletes for all Spring Sports indoor and outdoor.
- Spectators are limited to 2 per player (regardless of age). Each Athlete will be given two ECIC badges by the league.
- If you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 Symptoms: Fever (100.0 or above) or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea… Please stay home.
- Please arrive ten minutes before the start of the contest. You will not be allowed in more than ten minutes early!
- The bleachers will be marked off with X’s to ensure proper distance.
- 6 feet social distancing is expected at all times. Families must stay 6 feet away from other families.
- All spectators must wear a mask while they are on campus
- Supervision will be at contests to enforce social distancing and the wearing of masks.
- For games that feature two games in a row, typically a JV and Varsity game right after, we will require the JV spectators to leave right after the JV game is concluded. There will be no loitering after the game.
For additional questions please contact:
Mr. Jason Iwankow– Director of Health, Physical Education & Athletics
Registration for Spring Sports is now open on FamilyID
FamilyID (www.familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
FAMILY ID SPORTS REGISTRATION:
Eden is proud to announce that we have partnered with the NFHS Network and we've invested in new technology that will bring you every game from our High School/Middle School Gym and our Turf Field LIVE.
Join the NFHS Network for full access to:
- All Eden Raider Events held in the Middle School and High School Gym live and on-demand sports broadcasts
- All other sporting events from around the Nation
Friends and family members who can’t make the game will never miss a play again!
Here's how to watch:
1) Visit www.NFHSnetwork.com
2) Search for Eden High School and go to our page
3) Subscribe and Follow
Thank you for your continued support of the Eden Raider Athletics. We look forward to bringing you top-notch broadcasts of our athletic events!
The Executive Committee also decided to the following time frame for seasons for the remainder of the year that are inclusive of sectional play.
All regular Spring Sports & Wrestling (May 3-June 30)
Return to Interscholastic Athletics document has been updated on NYSPHSAA.org and can be found here:
Welcome to Eden Central Athletics
Home of the Raiders
A Tradition of Excellence3150 Schoolview Rd.Eden, NY 14057716-992-3643Fax: 716-992-3644
Jason IwankowAthletic Director/Assistant Principal
Kim WieczerzynskiClerk Typist
For the most up to date schedules per team please use the Arbiter Live link below to view the Daily Schedule of all events: