In our classroom we will develop self awareness, self control, and interpersonal skills that are important for school and life success.
All feelings and emotions matter, and we will learn how to process and identify our feelings.
How I incorporate social emotional learning in our classroom:
- Provide a safe and supportive environment.
- Validate emotions and teach appropriate coping skills for each emotion.
- Calming corner in our classroom for students to take breaks.
- Be present and observant towards students' behaviors.
- Social Emotional Read Alouds
- Give students the opportunity to practice SEL skills.