GLP School Counseling and Guidance
A School Counselor is a type of helper in your school. We help kids with things like problem solving, understanding feelings, and making friends!
With the closing of school, it can be scary and alarming. We want you to know that we are in this together. By working together, we can reduce the worry that surrounds the virus. We will do everything we can to provide you with support outside of a typical school environment. Here are some ways that we can support our K-5 students at home:
- We encourage you to continue to provide a consistent routine and schedule at home as much as possible. (Including bedtime, wake-up time, meal times, exercise, time outdoors, limiting screen-time, dedicated academic time) * We have included a sample daily schedule on the website.
- We are available via school email, especially for students who receive scheduled counseling in school. Please email us with any questions or specific resource requests.
- School Counselor- Shannon FitzGerald: email@example.com
- Social Worker- Holly Tredo: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Here is a mental health check-in that students can fill out on their own or with a parent/guardian. If a student fills out the form and needs a check-in, Mrs. FitzGerald or Mrs. Tredo will contact you.
Below are links to resources to help students and families during this time:
FREE Second Step Resources (Social Emotional Learning)
How to Create a Second Step Account
- Go to www.secondstep.org
- Under New Users, click ”Create Account”
- Complete the required fields
- Add the Program Activation Key for the grade level of your student:
Kindergarten: SSPK FAMI LY70
Grade 1: SSP1 FAMI LY71
Grade 2: SSP2 FAMI LY72
A Counselor is here for EVERYONE! We are here for every student, every teacher, and every parent who is part of the Eden School community.
Shannon FitzGerald: Grades K-5
Joe Weis: Grades K-5
Holly Tredo: Grades K-5