Attendance Related Questions:1) What if my child needs to be released early for an appointment?At all schools, if a student is to be excused early, please send a note to school with your child with the student's full name, time of release, reason for leaving, person picking up the child (if not the parent), and parent signature. Please be sure the person picking up your child brings identification.
At all schools, if a student must bring a note from the parent or guardian with the reason for tardiness.
- GLP Primary and Eden Elementary School: Student's note should be given to the classroom teacher and the student should be picked up at the Main Office.
- Middle & High School: Student should check-in with their homeroom teacher then take the note to the Guidance/Attendance Office during homeroom so the child can receive an Excused Early Permit. Students should be picked up at the Guidance/Attendance Office.
At all schools, students are required to bring a written excuse from his/her parent or guardian explaining the reason for absence. The student should bring in the note on the day he/she returns to school. On the day the student is absent please call the school during the first hour of attendance for:
- GLP Primary, Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade: Students arriving late should report to the Main Office with a note from their parent/guardian with the reason for their tardiness.
- Eden Elementary, grades 3-6: Students arriving late should report to the Main Office with a note from their parent/guardian with the reason for their tardiness.
- Middle & High School: Students arriving late should report to the Attendance Office with a note from their parent/guardian with the reason for their tardiness.
- GLP Primary, Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade: Nurse/Attendance - Mrs. Cooper at 992-3612
- Eden Elementary, grades 3-6: Nurse/Attendance - Mrs. Smith at 992-3611
- Middle & High School: Nurse - Mrs. Ray at 992-3663 or email: KRay@edencsd.org
- GLP Primary, Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade: Students may enter the Kindergarten playground door no earlier than 8:30 AM.
- Eden Elementary, grades 3-6: Students may enter the front center door of the school at 8:25 AM. When driving your child to school in the morning, please drop them off in the south lot via the route 62 driveway.
- Middle & High School: Students may arrive at school at 7:15 AM. There is no supervision for students before 7:15 AM, unless students have special arrangements with a teacher.
5) What do I do if my child is absent and they want their homework?
Cafeteria Related Questions:1) How much are lunch and breakfast?Breakfast prices for 2018-19 are: Grades K-5 $1.95 and Grades 6-12 $2.05Lunch prices for 2018-19 are: Graded K-5 $2.15 and Grades 6-12 $2.252) How do I prepay meals?All students have 3 options:
- GLP Primary, Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade:
- Eden Elementary, grades 3-6: In an effort to help the student recuperate, we do not send work home until after the student has been out for two days. Please contact the office before 9:15 AM on the second day of absence and work will be collected and sent to the office or given to a designated friend to bring home.
- Middle & High School: A student has to be absent for 3 days before an official homework request can be made. If a parent requests homework on the second day of an absence, the attendance office will notify the student's teachers. The teachers have until the end of the school day to send any work down to the Guidance/Attendance Office for either parental pick up or to send it home with another student (brother/sister, neighbor).
**Note: A parent is always welcome to e-mail their child's teacher(s) for any missed work.
Parents or guardians can get an application from school or download the Free and Reduced Application Form to print. Once the form is completed please send to the students main office or the Pupil Personnel Office.4) If I qualify for Free and Reduced lunch, do I also qualify for Free and Reduced breakfast? Yes.5) What time is breakfast served?
- Option 1: Go to www.myschoolbucks.com to pay by credit card or e-check.
- Option 2: Bring money or a check to school and pay the cashier.
- Option 3: Send a check to Eden Central Schools, 8289 North Main Street, Eden, NY 14057
Transportation Related Questions:1) What if I need a change in transportation (including walking, biking,etc) for my child?
- GLP Primary, Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade, cafeteria: 8:35 a.m.
- Eden Elementary, grades 3-6, cafeteria: 8:25 a.m.
- Middle & High School, grades 7-12, cafeteria: 7:10 a.m.
At all schools, if a student needs to change his/her means of transportation to or from school, a note is required from a parent.
2) What if I need to pick my child up at the end of the school day?Many times parents arrive at dismissal to pick up students without prior notification and dismissal may be affected. If it is possible, please send a note in the morning with your child so we can avoid confusion at the end of the day. Please do not go to the classroom.
- Eden Elementary, grades 3-6: Students who walk. bike, roller blade, skateboard or scooter to school should use the sidewalk approach to the front of the school (by the flagpole) and avoid all parking lots. Bicycles should be chained and locked to the rack in front of the school.
Forgotten Items Related Questions:1) What if I need to deliver a forgotten item to school?When parents find it necessary to deliver forgotten items, messages, etc., to their children during the school day, the parent must leave the items in the Main Office.This procedure has been established to minimize the amount of interruptions to classroom instruction. Students will be allowed to obtain the item at a convenient time in his/her classroom schedule.
- GLP Primary, Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade: Students picked up in the Kindergarten wing.
- Eden Elementary, grades 3-5: Students picked up in the front foyer.
2) Are students allowed to call home for forgotten items during the school day?
- Eden Elementary, grades 3-5: Students in grades 4-5 are not allowed to call home for forgotten items. NOTE: STUDENT CELL PHONE USE IS NOT ALLOWED DURING THE ACADEMIC DAY.