Homework is designed to help all students achieve greater academic success and helps develop effective work habits.
Homework Tips for Parents:
- Check for homework assignment.
- Choose a quiet place and time to complete homework.
Support, clarify, and motivate, BUT DO NOT DO
THE HOMEWORK FOR YOUR CHILD.
- Be wary if your child never has homework.
- Talk with teacher(s) if a large number of assignments are too difficult or time consuming for your child. Learning rates vary so it is difficult to articulate an exact amount of time that should be spent on homework each evening.
The following times are typical for each grade level:GradeReadingHomework315 min.15 min.415 min.20 min.*520 min.45 min.*620 min.45 min.
* Times may vary depending upon ID commitments, REACH, and music lessons.