EDEN CENTRAL TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT2902 SCHOOLVIEW RD.EDEN, NY 14057Phone: (716) 992-3633 Fax: (716) 992-9235
Mary Banko, Head Bus Driver email@example.comCheri Stephens, Secretary firstname.lastname@example.orgGeneral email: email@example.comAlternate Pick-up/Drop-off Locations:Alternate pick-up and drop-off locations, as well as all permanent bus passes, EXPIRE AT THE END OF EACH SCHOOL YEAR. If you would like your child to be picked up or dropped off at an address other than his/her home address, please submit an "Alternate Site/Bus Pass Form" (link at left) to the Transportation Department by August 10, 2018. For example if your child was being picked up at a babysitter's house this past school year, a new request must be made for the upcoming school year. If we do not receive a request for your child, we will place your child on the route that services his/her home address. For split custody arrangements, your child will be picked up/dropped off at the primary residence as listed in the Parent Portal. If your child needs transportation to/from a second house, please use the form to advise us of this.
Important Safety Reminders for You and Your Child:
- Please have your child dressed for the weather and waiting at his/her bus stop five (5) minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Backpack straps should be cut to fit your child. Long straps easily become stuck in doors and handrails. They are also a tripping hazard for your child and others.
- Sports equipment is allowed on the bus, but it must be secured in an appropriate bag. For example, a lacrosse stick must be fully contained within a lacrosse bag. Extra-long sticks, hockey sticks, and other items that do not fit in a bag must be transported to school by the parent. The school offers storage for such items.
- If you would like to discuss an issue that is happening on the bus, please do not approach the driver at the bus. Feel free to call the Transportation Department at the number above and we can arrange a time for you to speak with your driver.
- Eden Central adheres to the following guidelines when dropping students off in the afternoon:
- For students in Pre-K - 2nd Grade: The driver must see a parent, guardian, babysitter, or high-school age sibling before dropping off.
- For students in Grades 3 and 4: The driver must have reasonable assurance that someone is home for the student.
- Grades 5 - 12 have no drop-off limitations, except at the request of a parent.
- Non-public transportation requests must be submitted to the Transportation Department by April 1st. A new form must be submitted yearly. See link at left for the form.
Last Modified on July 25, 2018