EDEN CENTRAL TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
2902 SCHOOLVIEW RD.
EDEN, NY 14057
Phone: 992-3633 Fax: 992-9235
Important Safety Reminders for You and Your Child:
- Please have your child dressed for the weather and waiting at his/her bus stop five (5) minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Backpack straps should be cut to fit your child. Long straps easily become stuck in doors and handrails. They are also a tripping hazard for your child and others.
- Sports equipment is allowed on the bus, but it must be secured in an appropriate bag. For example, a lacrosse stick must be fully contained within a lacrosse bag. Extra-long sticks, hockey sticks, and other items that do not fit in a bag must be transported to school by the parent. The school offers storage for such items.
- If you would like to discuss an issue that is happening on the bus, please do not approach the driver while there are other children on the bus. Feel free to call the Transportation Department at the number above and we can arrange a time for you to speak with your driver.
- Each child is allowed a primary and a secondary pick-up/drop-off point. The School Principal and the Transportation Department should be notified in writing by August 15th if your child's pick-up/drop-off location is different from the home address, or if a secondary location is required.
- Eden Central adheres to the following guidelines when dropping students off in the afternoon:
- For students in Pre-K - 2nd Grade, the driver must see a parent, guardian, babysitter, or high-school age sibling before dropping off.
- For students in Grades 3 and 4, the driver must have reasonable assurance that someone is home for the student.
- Grades 5 - 12 have no drop-off limitations, except at the request of a parent.
- Non-public transportation requests must be submitted to the Transportation Department by April 1st. A new form must be submitted yearly. See link at left for the form.