REGISTRATIONWelcome to the Eden Central School District. We are always excited to welcome new students to the District. Please read through the information below if you have moved to the district. For Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Registration for 2017-18, please follow the directions below.New Student RegistrationRegistration of students new to the District takes place at the Eden Junior/Senior High School at 3150 Schoolview Road. Please download the necessary forms below. If you are unable to download and print the registration packets a K-12 Registration packet can be printed in the High School Main Office by calling the Central Registrar's Office ahead to make an appointment to pick up a packet. Available appointment times are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.Registration is done by appointment only. Prior to an appointment, all registration forms must be completed; required documentation must be brought to the appointment. Please call Lucinda Karstedt, Director of Enrollment, at 992-3616 for additional information, and/or to schedule an appointment.Families new to the District should register their child/children as soon as possible.
For Information on Changing a current Student's Home Address, please click here.Documentation required for registration of students new to the District:Proof of ResidencyThe following is a list of documentation that may be used to establish a student' residency. The list below provides guidance regarding the sufficiency of documentation that may be submitted by a parent/guardian.You must provide at least one (1) document from each of the three (3) areas below. Upon review of the Superintendent, further documentation may be required.1. Proof of Parent or Guardian Identity (Documentation must be valid as of date of submission to District - Drivers license, passport, must contain CURRENT address on the document)
2. Proof of Residency and Supporting Documentation:
- State-Issued Driver's license; or
- State-Issued Non-Driver's Identification.
3. Additional Supporting Documentation - Must be submitted to District Representative if requested by District. The District may require one or more of the listed documentation for verification of residency.
- Executed Lease or Rental Agreement (Lease must be up-to-date - an expired lease or an unsigned lease is not a valid proof of residence);
- Lease or Rental Agreement must include Landlord's name and contact information and must be signed by all parties (i.e. phone number).
- If Agreement does not include such information, parent/guardian must provide Landlord's name and phone number for verification.
- Tax bill for Residence;
- Parent/Guardian's billing address on tax bill must match residence. Otherwise, parent/guardian must provide additional supporting documentation for proof of residency. See list of additional supporting documentation.
- HUD papers; or
- Closing statement for residence.
Other Documents Needed for Student Registration:
- Utility bill listing residential address and billing address;
- Car registration;
- Government benefit document;
- Notarized Statement from Landlord;
- Payroll stub; or
- Other documentation determined by the district to prove residency.
- Original birth certificate,
- Immunization record from your child's physician
- Report card from previous school (please note that High School registrants need a transcript of high school credits from 8-12)
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Copy of IEP or 504 plan (if applicable)
Parent are required to fill out the following forms for registration:Registration for Non-Public SchoolAll district students need to be registered with the district, whether they attend one of our public schools or are placed in a school of your choice. Please complete the Registration Packet. In addition, students who require transportation to non-public school also need to complete a Transportation Form.Transportation Requests (alternative pick-up/drop-off locations)Nonpublic School Special Education ServicesNew York State Education Law 3602-c state that if a parent, guardian or legal custodian of a student with a disability wished to have his or her child receive special education programs and services while enrolled in a nonpublic school, that parent or guardian or legal custodian must file a written request for special education services with the school district of residence on or before June 1 preceding the school year for which such services are requested.Here is the link to the Eden Central School District Special Education website for contact information.If you are concerned your child may have a learning disability or needs special educationIf you are concerned your child may have a learning disability or needs special education, please visit these electronic resources for additional information:For a parents guide to Special Education NY please visit - http://www.p12.nysed.gov/specialed/publications/policy/parentguide.htmFor technical assistance please visit - http://www.p12.nysed.gov/specialed/techassist/parentcenters.htmIf you have any questions, please contact the Director of Pupil Personnel Services at (716) 992-3645 or firstname.lastname@example.orgNon-Resident Tuition StudentsNon-resident tuition student enrollment requests will only be considered where, in the the best interest of the District:
- There is sufficient space to accommodate the non-resident student;
- No increase in the size of faculty or staff will be necessary; and,
- Admittance will not result in the establishment of a new section or unacceptable student-teacher ratios, as determined by administration.